Monday, August 25, 2008

Pouring La Gasolina on the McCain Campaign


Figuring out which guy to vote for for President has been bugging me for the past few weeks. The more I pay attention to the race, the more confused I get. Fortunately, now that Daddy Yankee has weighed in, I feel like my mind is made up:

Daddy Yankee endorses McCain at Central High

Aug. 25, 2008 10:14 AM
Associated Press

PHOENIX - Reggaeton artist Daddy Yankee endorsed Republican presidential hopeful John McCain on Monday, citing the senator's support of Hispanics and his immigration efforts.

The endorsement was announced at a 10-minute event at an ethnically diverse high school in Phoenix where McCain's wife, Cindy, graduated in 1972.

Some of the 120 students in the room gasped loudly and yelled when McCain introduced the Puerto Rican singer, who became a world celebrity with his song "La Gasolina."

Daddy Yankee, who hugged girls and shook hands with boys, says he believes McCain is the best person to lead the nation.

The singer is considered an innovator in reggaeton, the catchy form of music from the Caribbean that combines different genres including hip-hop.

I'm really hoping to see Daddy Yankee recut the "Gangsta Zone" video, with Senator McCain rapping the Snoop Dogg part. The lyrics:

1 for the money, and
2 for the gangstas,
3 hot shots that pop for the wankstas,
Top Dogg, S and douple O, P
The gangsta mac, a G
From the L.B.C
I'm on the go,
I get the doe,
I let em know I bust a hoe,
I'm shakin' up a shivero,
That every where a n*gga go,
This will be,
The day we will always "G"
Turn around get em' up,
Put em down (I Fall back)
Take my hand,
We could have a little fun in the van,
I'm the man with gun in his hand,
I don't plan,
On stayin' around,
I'm just playin' around,
I'm all about layin' you down,
Now g-get up, (get up)
Before i'm a have you hit up, (hit up)
And if you say the wrong set i'm get you you f**ked up, (f**ked up)
The deal?
You know the drill,
Kick rocks muthaf**ka,
And tell ya b*tch to come here, foreal.


They must be very worried over at Obama headquarters this morning. Forreal, dawg.

No comments: